Friday, January 07, 2011

Prokudin-Gorskii Photo Collection


-
Click image to visit the archive or here.
-
The images in the archive were taken by Prokudin-Gorskii using a camera of his own design, with a RGB photography technique, taken between 1909-1915.

The archive is pretty vast with 2606 images, the colours produced are great too, as with a lot of photography I like the inconsistencies and misalignments that produce the super vibrant colours. The high resolution versions are available too at a giant 45 megs each. There'll probably be an App for that soon. Just kidding, don't copy that idea I'm working on it myself...

I'm a sucker for giant archives of images, I think this is what the internet was invented for, the site it's hosted on has loads more cool stuff, pilots obviously and much more. Geek oooooon.

1 comment:

mattysloe said...

looks like days of fun on there, love the old photos like, cheers........big fan of shorpys, now thats some trawling tae be dun